Operations Manager – Aberdeen – c £30,000.00 to £35,000.00 per annum dependent on experience, Full time – Permanent role (Fixed Term). Benefits include Holidays, Company Pension Contributions.
Are you a self-starter, with great business development, customer service and sales skills, a persuasive ‘people-person’ who enjoys dealing with all sorts of customers, looking to stretch your operation, people management and business development potential to the next level.
Do you have a minimum of 3 years operational, people management or business development experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a local company and an established team of professionals? Then this initial, fixed term 12 month role is the perfect position for you.
Our clients are an award-winning design & print embroider with strong and ongoing relations across diverse sectors within the local market.
They are a reliable, forward-thinking, safety conscious and rapidly growing organisation who are keen to invest in people and support them to ensure their long-term career progression.
- Maintaining relationships with vendors to ensure that the company has access to high quality products at reasonable prices
- Ensuring that employees are properly trained to operate machinery and that they understand safety procedures
- Overseeing the operations of the print/embroidery shop to ensure that it operates efficiently and effectively
- Ensuring that all quality standards are met through regular audits of printed materials
- Reviewing client requests to determine whether they can be fulfilled using existing technology or processes
Negotiating contracts with clients regarding
- deadlines, budgets, and other terms and conditions
Identifying new technologies that could improve workflow efficiency
- Managing employees’ day-to-day activities to ensure that projects are completed on schedule
Writing and negotiating Tenders and bringing in quality jobs.
- Previous experience of working within a fast-paced sales position ideally within a similar industry.
- Knowledge of financial principles such as budget management
- Organisational and time management skill imperative
- Good communication and presentation skills
- B2B sales experience.
- Degree level in Business Administration or Management or equivalent work history
- Conflict management
- Stress tolerance
- People Management
- Experience negotiating and influencing confidently at all levels.
- A proven track record of consistently achieving targets.
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Passion for building relationships and motivated by achieving results.
- Confident and professional telephone manner and ability to build rapport.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Competitive basic salary.
- Branded Company Uniform
This is an opportunity to join a diverse and multi-disciplined organisation that are dedicated to both professional and personal development.
Previous relevant experience of working in a sales and business development environment is essential.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer.
Contact: Fergus McDonald
Job ID: 99403932